I've had an Analogue Systems RS-110 Multimode Filter for a while now. I bought it second-hand and due to it's age and the perils of those transfer-style panel graphics, frankly it's seen better days.

I decided to design an acrylic replacement faceplate for it but while taking measurements with PCBs dismantled, I realised that it might be possible to squeeze the three boards into a smaller horizontal space - space is always at a premium in a modular system and if I could scrape back a few HP I might have room for another VCA!

The original module was 18HP wide and after some tweaking I managed to get it down to an incredible 12HP:  a face-lift and a diet!

RS-110-2.JPG



DIY modular acrylic

Published on by Neil Baldwin.